Thursday 30 October 2014

Windhammer 2014 Review: Problem?

I have to admit, after dying horribly multiple times for no apparent reason at all, I wished this entry was a book so I can fling it to the wall. But then it hit me, that's the whole point of this book.

Problem? is as the author puts it, a tongue-in-cheek silly game not to be taken seriously. The game starts with me being summoned to a queen where I was asked, well, forced into a quest which the queen could have solved it herself but makes you do it anyways for the lulz.

This game is clearly a parody for the 80's gamebooks and with it contains everything that made me scream in frustration like, a circular maze, meaningless choices, traps that look like treasures, a boss you could not possibly beat, instant deaths and more!

Are you having.... FUN??? Hue hue hue hue hue.....

To say that this is a bad entry is not doing it justice. The author intended it to be bad. In fact, I'm guessing that he imagined us having a good time laughing along with him at his work. However, I rarely see people laugh when they are at the receiving end of the trolling.

This is one of the first entries I played. So a month later (after my rage died down), I can retrospectively see that this entry is actually quite solid. I talked about this entry the most with my friends. Honestly, I think there is a diamond somewhere in all that dust that I can't seem to put my finger on. That is going to bug me for days. 

I would recommend you play this, then let your friends play it so you can see them rage quit! And thus the trolling repeats itself!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment